Whether spending time soaking up the sun, fishing or just going for a ride on a nice day, Americans love being out on the water.
Today more than 87 million adults in the U.S. participate in recreational boating and 95 percent of all Americans live within an hours drive of a navigable body of water. The number of fisherman and anglers in the United States numbers almost 50 million and more and more Americans are interested in taking up fishing as a hobby.
For all the enjoyment that owning a boat can bring, just as the important as the enjoyment is the maintenance. The annual expense of boat use and maintenance runs about 10 percent of the purchase price and whether you’ve got a bass boat, a speedboat or a fishing charter, keeping your boat in tip-top shape ensures that you’re able to spend more time on the water and less time in the shop.
One important area of maintenance on a boat is boat flooring. Whatever your pleasure is on the water, having the right type of flooring can add a nice look to your boat, make it more comfortable to move around in and also make it safer to move around in.
While there are many boat flooring options available from woven boat flooring to custom marine carpet, SeaDek flooring is solid option for boat flooring. SeaDek flooring offers a non-skid option for boat flooring, which helps improve safety when you’re out on the water. Additional features of SeaDek flooring include:
- Noise reduction, which is beneficial for fishermen.
- Easy Application: SeaDek products are made with a strong adhesive and are peel and stick with no hardware required for mounting.
- Shock absorption, which helps lower fatigue.
- Good traction: SeaDek flooring has a textured, micro-dot surface, which helps increase traction, which is helpful on choppy days on the water where the floor is more likely to get wet.
- Comfort: With so many Americans finding enjoyment by being out on the water, comfortability is paramount and SeaDek flooring offers a high degree of comfort on boat surfaces.
- Variety: SeaDek flooring is available in several thicknesses to give boaters options to choose from. A smaller thickness gives boaters the chance to sit and kneel on and a bigger thickness gives them something to stand on.
- Versatility: SeaDek flooring can be fitted for a wide variety of boats, including sail boats, pontoons, fishing boats and personal water craft. SeaDek materials can also be used in step kits, platforms, trailers and footwells.
SeaDek flooring additionally gives boaters an option to upgrade the look of their boat with a wide palette of colors and capability to provide logos.
If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional flooring for your boat, custom marine carpet is another good option. Custom marine carpet has been designed specifically for boats and technological advances have made it a good alternative to hard flooring.
Today’s custom marine carpet that’s available is quick drying and made with fibers that repel water and moisture. Additionally, custom marine carpet is durable and resistant to wear and tear. These are all positives when you consider that when you’re on the water, your boat is going to get wet. You want a product that’s going to dry quickly, repel moisture (since there’s going to be a lot) and isn’t going to wear down easily.
If you’re considering custom marine carpet, further benefits include:
- It’s easy to clean, usually done with just warm water and everyday soap.
- It’s resistant to mildew and mold
- It’s resistant to fading and ultra violet rays
- It’s stain resistant
- It is typically non-flammable
- It provides better traction, which means you’re less likely to slip and fall in your boat
- It has rubber backing, which further prevents mildew and mold from forming
- It’s resistant to ravel
Whatever you go with, whether it’s SeaDek flooring or custom marine carpet, ultimately you want something that looks nice in your boat, is going to last a long time and is going to give the proper traction you need while you’re enjoying your favorite boating activity.