Do you and your family love to play sports together? How do you all feel about ice skating? Many people around the world do enjoy activities such as ice skating. The number of people, above the age of six, was about 10.65 million, in 2014. In terms of how popular team sports are, 65% of children and teen admit they like to play because they like to do something with their friends and family. Many do not even play to be competitive. About 70% of people who play these sports do not care if a score is kept or not. More and more people are opting to install a backyard skating rink. The market for the homemade ice rink supplies and accessories, such as backyard ice rink tarps is growing every year.
- You will always have access to a rink. As more people learn the jobs and benefits of skating, it is becoming more and more challenging to get your time on the local rink. If you get all you need (backyard ice rink tarps and everything else you need to build a home ice rink), you can install a rink that is open whenever you want and you will have no problem finding a good parking spot. Some people find time on a local rink because they play with an organized team but if you want to play on the ice with your friends of family or even by yourself, getting the time you want on the ice can be most problematic. None of those problems exist when you have a homemade ice rink.
- You can make the most of your time on the ice. Even if you play on an organized team, you may not get the kind of time on the ice that you need to get better and have fun. Some experts have looked at this and found that the average time a hockey player gets with the puck is about 20 seconds each time they hit the ice for a game. That is not much and no where near enough to get good. If you have your own skating ring, you can spend as much time as you like practicing your shots.
- You will get the right size. Your homemade skating rink does not have to be huge but is should be as bis as you like. Maybe you have a larger area in your back yard and can put in a super large ice rink. You are only limited by your yard size, imagination and maybe the size of the backyard ice rink tarps that you can get.
- Your home will become the life of the neighborhood in the colder months. In the summer, your home becomes “the place to be.:” During the colder months, your home can serve that purpose if you have an at home skating risk. You will get more peace of mind knowing where your kids and their friends are hanging out.
- You encourage healthy living practices that will last a lifetime. When kids are exposed to outdoor activities, such as ice skating, the develop habits that will last their entire lives. Think about it, on cooler days, they can spend their time sitting in front of the TV, playing with social media or with video games. If you have a backyard ice rink, they can head out there and play some hockey or just skate around. Either way, an ice rink is a healthier way to go.
- You will be healthier, too. Recent research has shown that sitting around all day can be as bad for you as smoking cigarettes. It does not take a lot of exercise to start seeing how it can help your health. Health experts recommend getting between 20 and 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise every day. This is easy when you have a backyard ice rink installed and ready to go.
There are a lot of reasons to consider putting in a backyard rink. The cost is low, even when you factor in backyard ice rink tarps and the other things you will have to buy to get it up and running. Having your own rink will be worth the time and effort.